KW Locations is an online research tool for the fashion industry e.g. photographers, art directors, film makers, ad agencies, fashion magazine editors – anyone in fashion media searching tropical locations for their next project. Why Key West – simple, location, location, location. As the only Caribbean island that’s part of the continental USA (meaning no passport needed, you can drive here) Key West offers tropical beauty & uniqueness that’s impossible to duplicate. Best of all, Key West is only 1.5 miles wide by 4 miles long, allowing talent and work crews to reach any location within 30 minutes.
My goal for KW Locations is simple: Do the legwork needed to convince you to use Key West as fashion film location or, at the very least, consider it in your creative mix. What makes KW Locations different from other scouting services? I will showcase locations with models to give scale and I will use a variety of lenses to visualize depth of field. I will re-visit locations in different seasons and even daily sunlit conditions. Lastly, I will share my hidden treasure spots that are off the beaten path; locations only a trained, experienced eye would see.
Key West Facts to Consider:
1. Key West has NEVER had a frost.
2. Weather Averages
a. January: High Low 75/63 Rain 4 days
b. July: High Low 90/81 Rain 8 days
c. Key West averages 260 days of sunshine.
3. Key West has the largest concentration of wooden Victorian style homes in the USA.
4. Key West has over 40 weekend festivals/shows/galas/carnivals/fiestas/jubilees per year. In other words, there is always something going on.
5. Key West is closer to Cuba than Miami
6. Key West has chickens, yes, chickens running wild throughout the city streets. They’re everywhere!
7. Key West is divided into Old Town (the historic district) and New Town which makes up 75% of the island.
8. Permanent population is about 25,000 people.
9. Peak tourist season runs Christmas to late May. Off season is June to November with September being the slowest month. Key West hosts approximately 1.5 million visitors per year.